Barrow boxers put on knockout show
Last updated at 11:58, Friday, 30 November 2012
EIGHT bouts of boxing were served up at the Pat Ryan Dinner at the Ringside, held at The Forum, Barrow.
A full-house of fight fans were able to enjoy an event which saw six fights contain boxers from hosts the Furness Catholic Amateur Boxing Club.
Invited guests included Barrow mayor, Councillor Wendy Maddox, MP John Woodcock and Councillor Tony Callister, chairman of the Barrow Borough Sports Council.
Training at the Lyceum Hall by the Furness team in the build-up for the amateur event had been demanding and it was needed as fighters found competition keen from their adversaries last Friday, November 23.
Boxers fought from schoolboy through to senior level.
Fans of the amateur boxing scene will never forget Pat Ryan, who died last year.
His son Gary said later: “Dad would have been as proud as punch.”
First published at 11:28, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Send us your photos
1. You can use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
2. You can email larger files directly to email@example.com
3. You can send us photos from your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
The form . . .
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- ‘Three years? We couldn’t believe it’ Barrow killer victim's family speak out (39 comments)
- Principal of Furness Academy in Barrow steps down (10 comments)
- Barrow killer ‘in pieces’ at death of his victim
- UPDATE: Vicious dog located after woman attacked in Barrow (7 comments)
- Train hits cow in Cumbria, line reopens (2 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|
|Boosting Barrow and Furness|
|Love your life, Live your life||Community news pages - join the Facebook page for your town or village|