Armstrong Watson takes over rival accountancy firm
Published at 15:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
Accountancy firm Armstrong Watson has taken over the Penrith office of one of its competitors, O’Reilly Chartered Accountants.
Armstrong Watson already has a Penrith office, next door to O’Reilly in Duke Street.
Sixteen staff from O’Reilly joined Armstrong Watson at the end of last week.
The enlarged Penrith operation is headed by Armstrong Watson’s Margaret Hill and Steve Pinguey who are both partners in the firm.
Mrs Hill said: “O’Reilly is an incredibly well respected firm locally and the combination of our skills will continue to strengthen Armstrong Watson’s position in Penrith and Cumbria.
“Combining two offices will see a greater potential to deliver our services to current and future clients.
“Our sector specialisms will benefit from the synergies of our combined professional team allowing us to provide businesses with sound financial advice.”
Armstrong Watson, which is based in Carlisle, acquired O’Reilly’s Carlisle office last year.
The acquisition of Penrith means that O’Reilly no longer has a presence in Cumbria although it still has branches in North Yorkshire.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|