Three more sign Barrow AFC deals
Last updated at 17:30, Friday, 08 June 2012
JAMES Owen, Shaun Pearson and Mike Pearson have signed new deals to stay at Barrow AFC.
Midfielder Owen and keeper Pearson have inked one-year deals, while defender Mike's will run until October as he bids to prove his fitness following the leg and ankle break he suffered seven months ago.
Winger Paul Rutherford was also due to re-sign today (Friday) but is on a break abroad. The club say he will sign a new contract on Wednesday. Midfielder Richie Baker set to do the same when he returns from holiday.
See Saturday's Evening Mail for more on this story and quotes from James Owen
First published at 11:04, Friday, 08 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Good to see that we have more players signing new contracts, at least Dave Bayliss will replace Mackreth and Cook.
Make your comment
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places