Striker Jackson recalled by Burnley
Last updated at 15:05, Friday, 13 April 2012
ON-LOAN Barrow AFC teenage striker Joe Jackson has been recalled by parent club Burnley.
It means the Bluebirds could face going into tomorrow's (Saturday's) Blue Square Bet Premier mid-table clash against Cambridge United with no available strikers.
Barrow have, however, recalled midfielder Andy Ferrell from his loan spell at Blyth Spartans and hope striker Adam Boyes might be able to shake off an ankle injury.
Burnley, meanwhile, are due to host Coventry at home tomorrow in the Championship.
Barrow-born Jackson returned from a thigh and groin injury to end Barrow's 702-minute goal-drought on Easter Monday in a 2-2 home draw against Southport.
The 19-year-old has scored three times in seven appearances (five of which came off the bench) since joining the Bluebirds in January.
Barrow AFC's official club website says: "Barrow have reluctantly agreed to Burnley's request to recall Joe Jackson to allow him to go into The Clarets' first team squad tomorrow.
"Barrow have now recalled midfielder, Andy Ferrell, from his loan at Blyth Spartans in time for the visit of Cambridge United tomorrow.
"With Andy Cook suspended and Adam Boyes trying to shake off an ankle injury, it is hardly ideal timing, but Barrow boss, Dave Bayliss, could not deny young Barrovian, Jackson, the chance of a first team appearance for the Champsionship outfit, especially as he has yet to be offered a new contract at Turf Moor.
"Ferrell will now see out the remainder of his contract at Furness Building Society Stadium after gaining some match fitness in the Blue Square Bet North.
"Meanwhile it is hoped that Boyes can recover to lead the line tomorrow, while Andy Nicholas will continue to deputise for the suspended Phil Bolland."
First published at 14:56, Friday, 13 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|