Striker Jackson recalled by Burnley
Last updated at 15:05, Friday, 13 April 2012
ON-LOAN Barrow AFC teenage striker Joe Jackson has been recalled by parent club Burnley.
It means the Bluebirds could face going into tomorrow's (Saturday's) Blue Square Bet Premier mid-table clash against Cambridge United with no available strikers.
Barrow have, however, recalled midfielder Andy Ferrell from his loan spell at Blyth Spartans and hope striker Adam Boyes might be able to shake off an ankle injury.
Burnley, meanwhile, are due to host Coventry at home tomorrow in the Championship.
Barrow-born Jackson returned from a thigh and groin injury to end Barrow's 702-minute goal-drought on Easter Monday in a 2-2 home draw against Southport.
The 19-year-old has scored three times in seven appearances (five of which came off the bench) since joining the Bluebirds in January.
Barrow AFC's official club website says: "Barrow have reluctantly agreed to Burnley's request to recall Joe Jackson to allow him to go into The Clarets' first team squad tomorrow.
"Barrow have now recalled midfielder, Andy Ferrell, from his loan at Blyth Spartans in time for the visit of Cambridge United tomorrow.
"With Andy Cook suspended and Adam Boyes trying to shake off an ankle injury, it is hardly ideal timing, but Barrow boss, Dave Bayliss, could not deny young Barrovian, Jackson, the chance of a first team appearance for the Champsionship outfit, especially as he has yet to be offered a new contract at Turf Moor.
"Ferrell will now see out the remainder of his contract at Furness Building Society Stadium after gaining some match fitness in the Blue Square Bet North.
"Meanwhile it is hoped that Boyes can recover to lead the line tomorrow, while Andy Nicholas will continue to deputise for the suspended Phil Bolland."
First published at 14:56, Friday, 13 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together