Rebecca's sweet trail race victory
Last updated at 17:06, Thursday, 20 December 2012
FLYING doctor Rebecca Robinson enjoyed the sweet taste of success in the Sticky Chocolate Trail Run, held in Cartmel.
The 30-year-old from Bowness-on-Windermere beat all the men and women to win the 5km race in a time of 23 minutes and 20 seconds.
More than 500 competitors took to the festive trails around the Holker Estate, and were treated to mince pies and mulled wine at the feed stations around the course.
The going underfoot was soft for runners, with many embracing the festive spirit by wearing fancy dress as the 2012 Lakeland Trails series came to a close.
All finishers were rewarded with a locally produced sticky chocolate pudding.
Adam Lloyd, of Bromsgrove and Redditch AC, was the first man to finish the 5km course in 23.34, while the 10km event was won by Damian Nicholls, of Wilmslow Running Club, in 37.47.
Helm Hill athlete Melanie Hyder, who like Robinson has represented Great Britain at mountain running, was the first woman over 10km in 45.05, ahead of Glaxo Hoad Hill’s Rennell Brennan in 52.06.
Winners of the best fancy dress costume were Rachel and Simon Price, who ran around the 10km course dressed as Christmas crackers, beating all the elves, pixies, Santas and reindeers.
Discounted early bird entry is now available for the 2013 Lakeland Trails. More details can be found at www.lakelandtrails.org
First published at 16:28, Thursday, 20 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together