O’Donnell boost for Barrow AFC
Last updated at 16:34, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
BARROW have been given a huge boost after an x-ray revealed that Danny O’Donnell has escaped serious injury.
The centre-back dislocated his shoulder in the first-half of Saturday’s 1-0 home win over Luton, but can now look forward to a rapid return after getting the all-clear.
Bluebirds boss Dave Bayliss, who continues to scour the transfer market to bolster his defensive ranks, explained: “The physio will assess Danny over the next couple of days and we’ll see where we go from there.
“The x-ray showed that there are no broken bones or any other damage – so it’s a case of what his pain threshold is like and how long he will be ruled out.
“I don’t know how long he will be missing. If he is out for a few weeks then we will have to look for a replacement with the loan transfer window opening on Thursday.
“If he’s not, then we’ll be fine, although we’ll know more on a day-to-day basis because we’ll continue to monitor him.”
Barrow are continuing to work on a deal to recruit an unnamed young free agent defender who began training with Bayliss’s squad yesterday.
First published at 16:31, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|