Ex-Altrincham man Sean is new Barrow physio
Last updated at 14:31, Friday, 03 June 2011
BARROW AFC have made their first new signing of the summer – by snapping up Altrincham physio Sean Riley.
The new man with the sponge takes over the role at Holker Street from Gregg Blundell, who has secured himself a physio’s position at a Football League club ahead of the 2011/12 season.
A statement on Altrincham’s official club website says: “It is with regret that we have to announce that Sean Riley, our physio for the last six years, has left to take up a similar post at Barrow.
“The club would like to thank Sean for all the hard work he has put in during his time at Moss Lane, treating all the players and arranging specialist treatment when required.
“We wish him all the very best in his new role.”
Riley – who has good links in the Manchester area for related treatments – has also plied his trade for Accrington Stanley, Kendal Town, Great Harwood Town and Bamber Bridge.
He was involved in the GB team for the World Student games in Beijing and holds an FA diploma in the treatment and management of sports injuries.
AFC co-bosses Dave Bayliss and Darren Sheridan are still waiting to hear from midfielder Paul Smith and defender Paul Edwards after offering them new deals.
Bluebirds players already on deals for next season, either signed or agreed, are Paul Rutherford, James Owen, Andy Cook, Mike Pearson, Richie Baker, Phil Bolland and Robin Hulbert.
Defender Andy Nicholas is also contracted to the club but is on the transfer list. The co-managers hope keeper Shaun Pearson will follow his brother, Mike, in returning next term.
First published at 13:13, Friday, 03 June 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|