Gainsborough draw for Barrow AFC - but Gateshead tie postponed again
Last updated at 09:10, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
BARROW AFC face an old boys reunion should they win their twice-postponed FA Trophy last-16 tie against Gateshead.
The winner of the fixture – postponed on Saturday because of a waterlogged pitch at the International Stadium – will head to Gainsborough Trinity on January 26, provided the third round match has been played by then. A pitch inspection at 9am on Tuesday ruled out any possibility of play that night, with details of the rearranged tie still to be formalised
Trinity are managed by former Barrow midfielder Steve Housham, who scored the AFC goal when they drew 1-1 with Oldham in the first round of the FA Cup in 2001.
Quarter-final draw: FC Halifax Town v Dartford, Grimsby Town v Luton Town, Southport v Wrexham, Gainsborough Trinity v Gateshead or Barrow AFC.
First published at 11:24, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Having heard on the radio that this was a distinct possibility and Gateshead were trying to find another venue, why is it not played at Barrow so the tie can be completed, surely the FA can exert some influence here otherwise the game will be decided on the toss of a coin.
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches