Gainsborough draw for Barrow AFC - but Gateshead tie postponed again
Last updated at 09:10, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
BARROW AFC face an old boys reunion should they win their twice-postponed FA Trophy last-16 tie against Gateshead.
The winner of the fixture – postponed on Saturday because of a waterlogged pitch at the International Stadium – will head to Gainsborough Trinity on January 26, provided the third round match has been played by then. A pitch inspection at 9am on Tuesday ruled out any possibility of play that night, with details of the rearranged tie still to be formalised
Trinity are managed by former Barrow midfielder Steve Housham, who scored the AFC goal when they drew 1-1 with Oldham in the first round of the FA Cup in 2001.
Quarter-final draw: FC Halifax Town v Dartford, Grimsby Town v Luton Town, Southport v Wrexham, Gainsborough Trinity v Gateshead or Barrow AFC.
First published at 11:24, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Having heard on the radio that this was a distinct possibility and Gateshead were trying to find another venue, why is it not played at Barrow so the tie can be completed, surely the FA can exert some influence here otherwise the game will be decided on the toss of a coin.
Make your comment
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Ulverston toilet debate continues
- Barrow hospital chef to appear on TV with celebrity chef James Martin
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Barrow street attacks surge sparks police alert (2 comments)
- Archbishop of York John Sentamu to visit Barrow
- Dinghy and boat trailer stolen from Ambleside
- Labour by-election victory gives party new confidence
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival
- Warning to Cumbria parents and children over suffocating 'Sleeper'
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Trophy triumph for Vickerstown (1 comment)
- Ormsgill beat Millom to reach final:with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory:with picture gallery (18 comments)
- Rochdale run riot against Barrow Raiders:with picture gallery
- Barrow cricketer smashes world record (1 comment)
- REMEMBER WHEN: The Woolveridge brothers bossed Furness RL
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker