Gainsborough draw for Barrow AFC - but Gateshead tie postponed again
Last updated at 09:10, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
BARROW AFC face an old boys reunion should they win their twice-postponed FA Trophy last-16 tie against Gateshead.
The winner of the fixture – postponed on Saturday because of a waterlogged pitch at the International Stadium – will head to Gainsborough Trinity on January 26, provided the third round match has been played by then. A pitch inspection at 9am on Tuesday ruled out any possibility of play that night, with details of the rearranged tie still to be formalised
Trinity are managed by former Barrow midfielder Steve Housham, who scored the AFC goal when they drew 1-1 with Oldham in the first round of the FA Cup in 2001.
Quarter-final draw: FC Halifax Town v Dartford, Grimsby Town v Luton Town, Southport v Wrexham, Gainsborough Trinity v Gateshead or Barrow AFC.
First published at 11:24, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Having heard on the radio that this was a distinct possibility and Gateshead were trying to find another venue, why is it not played at Barrow so the tie can be completed, surely the FA can exert some influence here otherwise the game will be decided on the toss of a coin.
Make your comment
- Shock figures reveal the criminal offences taking place in South Cumbria schools (2 comments)
- Memory of Millom man lives on as £5k is raised for charity
- Fostering call made after shock figures revealed in Cumbria
- Campaigners change strategy in battle for Ulverston town centre’s soul (7 comments)
- Tayla-made campaign will keep life-saving on track
- Runners pound Dalton streets in 10k event
- ‘Selfless’ widower from Ulverston honoured for £78k fundraising effort
- South Cumbria rabbiting gang laugh after being fined for crimes
- Travel chaos looming in south Cumbria as rail union votes on strike
- Barrow teen avoids jail for drunken headbutt
- Vickerstown reserves complete cup double: with picture gallery
- Dalton beat the rain and Carlisle
- Raiders coach blames Crusaders defeat on indiscipline
- Newbarns crowned Furness hockey champions: with picture gallery
- Table tennis ace Bolton fights hard for England
- Barrow U13s produce battling display in Wirral
- Furness schools battle out orienteering finals:with picture gallery
- Millom RL make cup progress
- Barrow Raiders suffer defeat at North Wales (2 comments)
- CONFERENCE North’s sharpest shooters
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station
- Did resurrection man become slave trader?
- I’m still having DIY flashbacks