Bluebirds fight back to win
Published at 16:12, Wednesday, 01 August 2012
BARROW AFC won their penultimate game of pre-season 2-1 at Lancaster City last night.
The Bluebirds – who begin their 2012/13 Blue Square Bet Premier campaign at home against AFC Telford United in 10 days’ time – fell behind at the Giant Axe when Lancaster striker Jordan Connerton netted on 22 minutes.
AFC equalised eight minutes after the hour mark when one of the unnamed triallists, who was introduced as a half-time substitute, scored. The visitors then grabbed a winner ten minutes from time through triallist midfielder Joe Holt.
The victory was Barrow’s first in four friendly matches, ahead of their final pre-season encounter, at home to a Bolton Wanderers XI on Friday night.
Bluebirds boss Dave Bayliss fielded four triallists in his starting XI. Ben Hoskin – the nephew of Barrow coach Ashley Hoskin – played at right-back, with former Crewe Alexandra youngster Danny Ting – who featured for Workington against AFC last week – at left-back.
Ex-Wigan Athletic and Cammell Laird midfielder Holt lined up on the right wing, with an unnamed triallist – believed to be Bradford City wideman Dominic Rowe – down the left flank. The 19-year-old Rowe played eight games on loan for Barrow last season, scoring once.
Bayliss made several changes at half-time and introduced more triallists, including former Kendal Town midfielder Ashley Dunn.
Bluebirds officials were today expected to confirm the signings of defender Sean Hessey, as well as midfield pair Garry Hunter and Alex-Ray Harvey, all on one-year deals.
Barrow: Danny Hurst, Ben Hoskin, Danny Ting, Mike Pearson, Gavin Skelton, Joe Holt, Alex-Ray Harvey, Richie Baker, Triallist (Dominic Rowe), Adam Boyes, Obi Anoruo. Subs: Shaun Pearson, Matt Flynn, James Owen, Ashley Dunn, Triallists.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|