Bayliss – I’m glad Barrow didn’t get Manchester United
Last updated at 16:33, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
WHILE most Barrow AFC fans would have relished being paired with Manchester United or Liverpool in Sunday’s third round draw – Dave Bayliss was dreading the prospect.
If Barrow beat Macclesfield in next Tuesday’s rearranged second round tie, they will face Championship leaders Cardiff City at Holker Street in the New Year.
Bayliss would prefer the idea of the Bluebirds facing the other Bluebirds, than having the added pressure of trying to secure a dream tie against one of the Premier League big guns hanging over his players’ heads.
That is the exact scenario facing Barrow’s Conference rivals Mansfield and Lincoln City ahead of their second round replay, the winners securing a home game against Liverpool.
“I don’t normally watch the draw, but I watched it on Sunday and I was glad that we never got a Man United or a Liverpool because I think the pressure would have been unbearable on the players,” said Liverpool fan Bayliss.
“You look at Lincoln versus Mansfield and the pressure they must be under now.
“I think it’s an excellent draw for us and Macclesfield because it’s a home draw for either team and it’s a team who are top of the Championship, so it’s a meaty tie.
“But you know, as I say, a Man Utd or a Liverpool away, there would have been so much pressure on the players and I think it could have been catastrophic for whoever lost that game (between Barrow and Macclesfield).”
First published at 16:32, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|