BARROW SIGN ON NEW STRIKER
Last updated at 16:33, Thursday, 19 March 2009
BARRROW AFC have completed the signing of a new striker ahead of their Blue Square Premier clash with Lewes on Saturday.
Rochdale front man Lee McEvilly has joined on loan from Rochdale until the end of the season and will go straight into the squad for the weekend.
McEvilly, 26, was with Cambridge United at the start of the season and scored against the Bluebirds in the U's 2-1 win in August last year.
He comes in with Barrow needing options in place of the suspended Jason Walker and the injured pair of Nick Rogan and Paul Tait.
See Friday's Evening Mail for full story and reaction.
First published at 16:32, Thursday, 19 March 2009
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|