Barrow v Macclesfield - postponed due to frozen pitch
Last updated at 13:30, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
BARROW AFC's re-arranged FA Cup second round tie against Macclesfield Town at Holker Street has been postponed again due to a frozen pitch.
An inspection was carried out at 1.15pm today on a pitch which was rock solid in almost all areas.
The two teams will now attempt to play the twice-postponed match on Tuesday, December 18.
Barrow's official club website says: "A hard overnight frost has put paid to Tuesday's FA Cup tie with Macclesfield following a 1.15pm pitch inspection.
"At 8am most of the pitch was frozen hard and even some areas under the frost covers were very firm.
"The situation had hardly improved by 1.15pm.
"With temperatures only predicted to reach two degrees, there is no way now the pitch will soften sufficiently to allow the game to go ahead.
"Match assessor Mike Pike in consultation with match referee Dave Webb conducted the lunchtime inspection.
"The game has been rescheduled for next Tuesday, December 18th at 7.45pm."
First published at 09:35, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I bet the FA wish the ref had let it go ahead last Saturday when everyone bar the ref wanted to play the game! With The FA Trophy and other cup to fit in its looking like a fixture back log!
Make your comment
- Updated: Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Rescuers come to the aid of injured woman in Lake District
- Mountain rescue team attend to fell walker with head injury in Lakes
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945