Barrow v Macclesfield - postponed due to frozen pitch
Last updated at 13:30, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
BARROW AFC's re-arranged FA Cup second round tie against Macclesfield Town at Holker Street has been postponed again due to a frozen pitch.
An inspection was carried out at 1.15pm today on a pitch which was rock solid in almost all areas.
The two teams will now attempt to play the twice-postponed match on Tuesday, December 18.
Barrow's official club website says: "A hard overnight frost has put paid to Tuesday's FA Cup tie with Macclesfield following a 1.15pm pitch inspection.
"At 8am most of the pitch was frozen hard and even some areas under the frost covers were very firm.
"The situation had hardly improved by 1.15pm.
"With temperatures only predicted to reach two degrees, there is no way now the pitch will soften sufficiently to allow the game to go ahead.
"Match assessor Mike Pike in consultation with match referee Dave Webb conducted the lunchtime inspection.
"The game has been rescheduled for next Tuesday, December 18th at 7.45pm."
First published at 09:35, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I bet the FA wish the ref had let it go ahead last Saturday when everyone bar the ref wanted to play the game! With The FA Trophy and other cup to fit in its looking like a fixture back log!
Make your comment
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown