Barrow v Macclesfield - postponed due to frozen pitch
Last updated at 13:30, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
BARROW AFC's re-arranged FA Cup second round tie against Macclesfield Town at Holker Street has been postponed again due to a frozen pitch.
An inspection was carried out at 1.15pm today on a pitch which was rock solid in almost all areas.
The two teams will now attempt to play the twice-postponed match on Tuesday, December 18.
Barrow's official club website says: "A hard overnight frost has put paid to Tuesday's FA Cup tie with Macclesfield following a 1.15pm pitch inspection.
"At 8am most of the pitch was frozen hard and even some areas under the frost covers were very firm.
"The situation had hardly improved by 1.15pm.
"With temperatures only predicted to reach two degrees, there is no way now the pitch will soften sufficiently to allow the game to go ahead.
"Match assessor Mike Pike in consultation with match referee Dave Webb conducted the lunchtime inspection.
"The game has been rescheduled for next Tuesday, December 18th at 7.45pm."
First published at 09:35, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I bet the FA wish the ref had let it go ahead last Saturday when everyone bar the ref wanted to play the game! With The FA Trophy and other cup to fit in its looking like a fixture back log!
Make your comment
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places