Barrow v Macclesfield - postponed due to frozen pitch
Last updated at 13:30, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
BARROW AFC's re-arranged FA Cup second round tie against Macclesfield Town at Holker Street has been postponed again due to a frozen pitch.
An inspection was carried out at 1.15pm today on a pitch which was rock solid in almost all areas.
The two teams will now attempt to play the twice-postponed match on Tuesday, December 18.
Barrow's official club website says: "A hard overnight frost has put paid to Tuesday's FA Cup tie with Macclesfield following a 1.15pm pitch inspection.
"At 8am most of the pitch was frozen hard and even some areas under the frost covers were very firm.
"The situation had hardly improved by 1.15pm.
"With temperatures only predicted to reach two degrees, there is no way now the pitch will soften sufficiently to allow the game to go ahead.
"Match assessor Mike Pike in consultation with match referee Dave Webb conducted the lunchtime inspection.
"The game has been rescheduled for next Tuesday, December 18th at 7.45pm."
First published at 09:35, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I bet the FA wish the ref had let it go ahead last Saturday when everyone bar the ref wanted to play the game! With The FA Trophy and other cup to fit in its looking like a fixture back log!
Make your comment
- Dalton attraction prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- Family fun at Walney Gala
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks
- Cumbria Police release CCTV images in connection with theft
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Sun comes out for South Cumbria wedding winners
- Barrow hospital prepared for inspectors after working hard to improve
- Walney pupils have their say on vision for £50k play park (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds