Barrow AFC transfer embargo lifted
Last updated at 16:59, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
BARROW AFC have announced their transfer embargo has been lifted this afternoon.
The embargo was put in place by the Football Conference last week over an unpaid National Insurance bill.
It was revealed following Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Kidderminster Harriers, after the club’s attempt to sign defender Danny O’Donnell from Stockport. As a result, only 13 players were named in the squad for the 6-1 thrashing by Luton on Tuesday.
The bill has now been paid by the club and an official announcement on the club website said: “Following the payment to PAYE of outstanding monies, the Football Conference lifted the club’s registration embargo at lunchtime on Wednesday.
“The club is now free to transfer or sign new players and extend existing deals if applicable.”
See Thursday's Evening Mail for full story and reaction from chairman Brian Keen and assistant boss Ashley Hoskin.
First published at 14:23, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow teenager turns to pedal power in memory of pal
- Review: Blues invasion has fans flooding the Bay
- Cinemas to reel back the years to mark Ulverston born Stan Laurel’s 125th birthday
- Hospital bed-blockers costing trust £236k in just one month
- Officers could answer phones if Cumbria police axe control room jobs
- Councillors set to call for refusal of South Cumbria turbine scheme
- Dalton father calls for health boss to quit
- Dalton teen who punched pregnant partner in stomach due to be sentenced
- Dalton dad delighted with NHS review role
- Riders won’t be coasting on Cumbria seaside stage
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
Visit our websites for...
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow town centre assault suspect (3 comments)
- Around 60 DIY stores to shut in shake up
- Ulverston mural to screen icon vandalised
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain (1 comment)
- BIG DEBATE: Should children be allowed to take term-time holidays? (1 comment)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|