Barrow AFC transfer embargo lifted
Last updated at 16:59, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
BARROW AFC have announced their transfer embargo has been lifted this afternoon.
The embargo was put in place by the Football Conference last week over an unpaid National Insurance bill.
It was revealed following Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Kidderminster Harriers, after the club’s attempt to sign defender Danny O’Donnell from Stockport. As a result, only 13 players were named in the squad for the 6-1 thrashing by Luton on Tuesday.
The bill has now been paid by the club and an official announcement on the club website said: “Following the payment to PAYE of outstanding monies, the Football Conference lifted the club’s registration embargo at lunchtime on Wednesday.
“The club is now free to transfer or sign new players and extend existing deals if applicable.”
See Thursday's Evening Mail for full story and reaction from chairman Brian Keen and assistant boss Ashley Hoskin.
First published at 14:23, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Unexplained death in Windermere investigated by police
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|