Barrow AFC transfer embargo lifted
Last updated at 16:59, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
BARROW AFC have announced their transfer embargo has been lifted this afternoon.
The embargo was put in place by the Football Conference last week over an unpaid National Insurance bill.
It was revealed following Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Kidderminster Harriers, after the club’s attempt to sign defender Danny O’Donnell from Stockport. As a result, only 13 players were named in the squad for the 6-1 thrashing by Luton on Tuesday.
The bill has now been paid by the club and an official announcement on the club website said: “Following the payment to PAYE of outstanding monies, the Football Conference lifted the club’s registration embargo at lunchtime on Wednesday.
“The club is now free to transfer or sign new players and extend existing deals if applicable.”
See Thursday's Evening Mail for full story and reaction from chairman Brian Keen and assistant boss Ashley Hoskin.
First published at 14:23, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Pupils and South Cumbria businesses team up in inspirational project
- Police warning - Barrow road closed after traffic collision
- Social media finds owner of camera found in Windermere
- Accused fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- SLIDESHOW: Glittering anniversary party for Barrow arts venue
- Housing plan could have cost Cumbria councillor her seat
- UPDATE: Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Cumbria police mobile phone snoop shock (2 comments)
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair (1 comment)
- Paddlers steam ahead on choppy Coniston Water
- Barrow Raiders have fingers crossed for Ward
- Post Office close to delivering Ulverston League shock
- Taylor keen to stay at Barrow AFC
- Askam football ace ready to take on the world with England (1 comment)
- New manager at Crooklands Casuals
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|