Barrow AFC drop out of Lancs Trophy
Last updated at 16:45, Friday, 01 February 2013
BARROW AFC’s fixture pile-up has forced the club to drop out of this year’s Lancashire FA Co-operative Trophy.
The Bluebirds were due to play Marine in a second round tie next Tuesday –but are now in FA Trophy quarter-final action at Gainsborough.
With no free midweek slots until after the scheduled date of the final due to a build-up of rearranged Conference games, AFC had little alternative but to withdraw, and the decision has been approved by the LFA
AFC secretary Russell Dodd said on the club website: “We had a very amicable email discussion at lunchtime on Wednesday once we had progressed to the Trophy quarter-finals.
“The county FA were very supportive of our position of needing to prioritise Conference safety and saw that this could be compromised with Thursday night games in the same week as a Tuesday and Saturday. We thank them for their consideration and co-operation.”
He added: “At the start of the season, Bayles (AFC boss Dave Bayliss) fancied a decent run in the Lancs Trophy with the final being at The Reebok, but cup runs and postponements have made that impossible now.
“We apologise to Marine FC for any inconvenience caused and wish them all the best at AFC Fylde.”
First published at 16:41, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|