Anoruo has Barrow AFC contract cancelled
Last updated at 09:40, Sunday, 16 December 2012
OUT-OF-FAVOUR striker Obi Anoruo and Barrow AFC have parted company after his contract was cancelled.
The 21-year-old joined the Bluebirds in the summer, following his release from Wrexham at the end of last season.
He signed a one-year deal with Barrow, who are battling against the threat of relegation from Blue Square Bet Premier, in July.
A statement on the club's official website says: "Striker Obi Anoruo has cancelled his contract with Barrow by mutual consent today (Friday).
"Anoruo made just two substitute appearances for Barrow after leaving Wrexham in May.
"Anoruo is expected to join Blue Square Bet North outfit Vauxhall Motors.
"Barrow AFC wish him well for the future."
Anoruo's last appearance was over three months ago when he came on as a 75th-minute sub in the 1-1 home draw against Kidderminster Harriers. He has not played in a first-team game for Barrow since then.
He began a one-month loan spell at Blue Square Bet North side Hinckley United on September 7.
About a month later rumours began to circulate that Barrow had sacked Anoruo because of an alleged incident involving the player that happened at Hinckley. Barrow officials and manager Dave Bayliss remained tight-lipped at the time when questioned about the rumours.
More recently Anoruo has been seen training on the pitch prior to the Bluebirds players doing their warm-ups before matches.
First published at 17:22, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with Oxford win: with picture gallery (10 comments)
- McBanned - Barrow drunk's fast food reprimand (4 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|