Anoruo has Barrow AFC contract cancelled
Last updated at 09:40, Sunday, 16 December 2012
OUT-OF-FAVOUR striker Obi Anoruo and Barrow AFC have parted company after his contract was cancelled.
The 21-year-old joined the Bluebirds in the summer, following his release from Wrexham at the end of last season.
He signed a one-year deal with Barrow, who are battling against the threat of relegation from Blue Square Bet Premier, in July.
A statement on the club's official website says: "Striker Obi Anoruo has cancelled his contract with Barrow by mutual consent today (Friday).
"Anoruo made just two substitute appearances for Barrow after leaving Wrexham in May.
"Anoruo is expected to join Blue Square Bet North outfit Vauxhall Motors.
"Barrow AFC wish him well for the future."
Anoruo's last appearance was over three months ago when he came on as a 75th-minute sub in the 1-1 home draw against Kidderminster Harriers. He has not played in a first-team game for Barrow since then.
He began a one-month loan spell at Blue Square Bet North side Hinckley United on September 7.
About a month later rumours began to circulate that Barrow had sacked Anoruo because of an alleged incident involving the player that happened at Hinckley. Barrow officials and manager Dave Bayliss remained tight-lipped at the time when questioned about the rumours.
More recently Anoruo has been seen training on the pitch prior to the Bluebirds players doing their warm-ups before matches.
First published at 17:22, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|