AFC lift trophy
Last updated at 12:02, Monday, 30 July 2012
BARROW AFC skipper Gavin Skelton lifted aloft the Chas Kendall (Coral) Trophy last night.
The Bluebirds fought out a goalless draw with Cumbrian rivals Workington at Borough Park, having won the first leg 3-0 at Holker Street earlier this month.
Workington manager Darren Edmondson, who ran the rule over former Holker Old Boys and Bluebirds striker Wayne Curtis in last night’s game, has confirmed that the Reds have made offers to defender Niall Cowperthwaite – son of Barrow legend Colin – and Crooklands Casuals winger Chris Wraighte.
Last night’s game marked the end of the Bluebirds’ week-long training camp in the Lake District, during which time they took part in a number of activities, including fell walking and mountain biking.
Barrow have just two more pre-season friendlies to play – away at Lancaster on Tuesday and at home against a Bolton XI on Friday – before the new Blue Square Bet Premier season starts on Saturday, August 11.
Barrow: S Pearson, Flynn, M Pearson, Hessey, Skelton, Hoskin, Owen, Hunter, Baker, Rutherford, Boyes. Subs: Hurst, Harvey, Anoruo, Bayliss.
First published at 13:30, Sunday, 29 July 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|