THE Central and Hindpool areas of Barrow are fortunate in that they are close to the town’s main shopping centre, while Barrow Island is a close-knit community, ideal for those wanting to make the most of the stunning views of Walney Channel. Taking a slow stroll along the Channelside on a hot day or warm evening is a great way to chill out after a day at work. These areas also benefit from being home to popular landmarks such as the Dock Museum and a busy library
INTERIORS created by a designer are beyond most people’s budget, but Cate Burren reveals trade secrets in her new book – so you can do it yourself. She shares her tips for a dream home with GABRIELLE FAGAN
COLIN and Celia Watts have loved living in their home for the last 17 years, especially as it offers a rural-feeling location, but is only a few minutes from all the local amenities and shops. SUSAN GOODSON found out more about their family bungalow
The House and Home moving guide should help you avoid any major setbacks. Use this helpful checklist and tick off each item as you deal with it.
SUSAN Anderson may live on her own, however her house is such a welcoming place to be that her family are always dropping in to visit on a daily basis. As she told SUSAN GOODSON it is a home much loved by everyone, including her grandchildren
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|