Steven Heginbottom and Denise Preston
Last updated at 10:12, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
STEVEN Heginbottom, a service advisor from Barrow, married Denise Preston from Askam, on January 12, 2013.
How they met: The couple met on Steven’s birthday on a night out in Barrow.
Proposal: Denise had been working for 10 days straight and Steven told her that he had got her a present for working so hard. He invited all of their friends to their house for a party and while Denise was getting ready he presented her with a present. It was a pair of sun glasses that she had wanted for ages and hidden in the case was a ring box.
Venue: The Wordsworth Hotel, Grasmere.
Theme: Casino Royale, James Bond.
Bride’s Outfit: A Paloma Blanco gown from Julia Tasker in Bowness
Groomsmen: The groom, best man Paul Evans and groomsmen Ash and Daly Wilson, all wore gun metal grey suits from Peter Werth.
Bridesmaids: Maid of honour Kayleigh Wharton and bridesmaids Nicola Collinge and Tara Silver, all wore purple dresses from Debut at Debenhams.
Flowers: Lillies, white roses and cala lillies, from Deborah’s Florist.
Transport: As everyone stayed at the hotel the night before, the couple didn’t need any transport.
Table settings: The top table, cake table and chair covers were designed by Ambience. Steven and Denise chose black covers with purple bows and the top table had two goldfish in Martini glasses.
Favours: Casino Royale playing cards for the men, and for the women Denise’s mum made pink sherbet filled martini glasses, complete with Vimto lolly to resemble an olive.
Cake: The couple’s cake was made by Denise’s Nana and Grandad and decorated by Katie’s Cakes.
First Dance: Hey Soul Sister by Train and the couple walked up to the dance floor to the theme from Z Cars, as they are Everton fans.
Entertainment: A string quartet for the drinks reception. LMS Events provided casino tables for early evening and there was a DJ later in the evening. The couple also had a themed sweet bar and a cardboard cut out of James Bond.
Honeymoon: Steven and Denise are taking their honeymoon in April.
Photographer: Steve Hillman.
First published at 15:46, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|