Rachel Carr and Nick Noonan
Last updated at 14:26, Tuesday, 17 April 2012
RACHEL Carr, 30, a teacher, and Nick Noonan, 29, a taxi driver, of Barrow, married at the Nan Tait Centre, Barrow.
HOW THEY MET: The couple met at secondary school. They dated briefly during Year 11 but went their separate ways when they left school and rarely saw each other until Christmas 2008 when they started chatting on Facebook. They met up for a drink and the rest, as they say, is history.
PROPOSAL: The groom proposed on Christmas Day, 2009.
VENUE: The ceremony was held at the Nan Tait Centre, in Abbey Road, Barrow.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: An Alfred Angelo ivory gown, purchased from A Family Affair in Kendal.
GROOMSMEN: The best man was Russell Robertson and ushers were Gary Anderson, the groom’s brother-in-law, and Russell Carr, the bride’s brother. The groom’s sons Keiron and Daniel Noonan were page boys. The groomsmen wore grey Prince Edward suits with a turquoise cravat, from Mr Mister, in Barrow.
BRIDESMAIDS: Chief bridesmaid was Laura Hemsworth, the bride’s best friend, and bridesmaids were the bride’s friend, Danielle Fitzsimmons and the groom’s sister, Jennifer Anderson.
They wore turquoise dresses from Debut, customised with an ivory ribbon and flower to match the flower worn in their hair.
FLOWERS: Ivory roses with diamantes and feathers, arranged by the bride.
TRANSPORT: The bride and groom travelled in a convertible BMW and the bridesmaids travelled in a white BMW 1-series, loaned by a family friend.
RECEPTION: The Abbey House Hotel, Barrow.
TABLE SETTING: The centre-pieces were bowls filled with white sand and a turquoise candle set on a mirror plate. The tables were decorated with scatter crystals in clear and turquoise.
FAVOURS: Star shaped white bath bombs and turquoise soap for the women and scratch cards (featuring stars) for the men.
CAKE: A three-tier cake decorated in white icing with a pearlescent sheen, wrapped in blue turquoise ribbon. The cake topper was a Gina Freehill design from America. The bride’s dress had the quote “this day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love” written on her dress.
FIRST DANCE: Amazed by Lonestar.
ENTERTAINMENT: A disco.
HONEYMOON: Paphos, Cyprus.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Rosie Hillman Photography.
VIDEOGRAPHER: Russell Carr.
First published at 10:43, Saturday, 11 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Holiday park near Grange unveils its latest phase of £5m plan
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|