Rachel Carr and Nick Noonan
Last updated at 14:26, Tuesday, 17 April 2012
RACHEL Carr, 30, a teacher, and Nick Noonan, 29, a taxi driver, of Barrow, married at the Nan Tait Centre, Barrow.
HOW THEY MET: The couple met at secondary school. They dated briefly during Year 11 but went their separate ways when they left school and rarely saw each other until Christmas 2008 when they started chatting on Facebook. They met up for a drink and the rest, as they say, is history.
PROPOSAL: The groom proposed on Christmas Day, 2009.
VENUE: The ceremony was held at the Nan Tait Centre, in Abbey Road, Barrow.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: An Alfred Angelo ivory gown, purchased from A Family Affair in Kendal.
GROOMSMEN: The best man was Russell Robertson and ushers were Gary Anderson, the groom’s brother-in-law, and Russell Carr, the bride’s brother. The groom’s sons Keiron and Daniel Noonan were page boys. The groomsmen wore grey Prince Edward suits with a turquoise cravat, from Mr Mister, in Barrow.
BRIDESMAIDS: Chief bridesmaid was Laura Hemsworth, the bride’s best friend, and bridesmaids were the bride’s friend, Danielle Fitzsimmons and the groom’s sister, Jennifer Anderson.
They wore turquoise dresses from Debut, customised with an ivory ribbon and flower to match the flower worn in their hair.
FLOWERS: Ivory roses with diamantes and feathers, arranged by the bride.
TRANSPORT: The bride and groom travelled in a convertible BMW and the bridesmaids travelled in a white BMW 1-series, loaned by a family friend.
RECEPTION: The Abbey House Hotel, Barrow.
TABLE SETTING: The centre-pieces were bowls filled with white sand and a turquoise candle set on a mirror plate. The tables were decorated with scatter crystals in clear and turquoise.
FAVOURS: Star shaped white bath bombs and turquoise soap for the women and scratch cards (featuring stars) for the men.
CAKE: A three-tier cake decorated in white icing with a pearlescent sheen, wrapped in blue turquoise ribbon. The cake topper was a Gina Freehill design from America. The bride’s dress had the quote “this day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love” written on her dress.
FIRST DANCE: Amazed by Lonestar.
ENTERTAINMENT: A disco.
HONEYMOON: Paphos, Cyprus.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Rosie Hillman Photography.
VIDEOGRAPHER: Russell Carr.
First published at 10:43, Saturday, 11 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|