Rachel Carr and Nick Noonan
Last updated at 14:26, Tuesday, 17 April 2012
RACHEL Carr, 30, a teacher, and Nick Noonan, 29, a taxi driver, of Barrow, married at the Nan Tait Centre, Barrow.
HOW THEY MET: The couple met at secondary school. They dated briefly during Year 11 but went their separate ways when they left school and rarely saw each other until Christmas 2008 when they started chatting on Facebook. They met up for a drink and the rest, as they say, is history.
PROPOSAL: The groom proposed on Christmas Day, 2009.
VENUE: The ceremony was held at the Nan Tait Centre, in Abbey Road, Barrow.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: An Alfred Angelo ivory gown, purchased from A Family Affair in Kendal.
GROOMSMEN: The best man was Russell Robertson and ushers were Gary Anderson, the groom’s brother-in-law, and Russell Carr, the bride’s brother. The groom’s sons Keiron and Daniel Noonan were page boys. The groomsmen wore grey Prince Edward suits with a turquoise cravat, from Mr Mister, in Barrow.
BRIDESMAIDS: Chief bridesmaid was Laura Hemsworth, the bride’s best friend, and bridesmaids were the bride’s friend, Danielle Fitzsimmons and the groom’s sister, Jennifer Anderson.
They wore turquoise dresses from Debut, customised with an ivory ribbon and flower to match the flower worn in their hair.
FLOWERS: Ivory roses with diamantes and feathers, arranged by the bride.
TRANSPORT: The bride and groom travelled in a convertible BMW and the bridesmaids travelled in a white BMW 1-series, loaned by a family friend.
RECEPTION: The Abbey House Hotel, Barrow.
TABLE SETTING: The centre-pieces were bowls filled with white sand and a turquoise candle set on a mirror plate. The tables were decorated with scatter crystals in clear and turquoise.
FAVOURS: Star shaped white bath bombs and turquoise soap for the women and scratch cards (featuring stars) for the men.
CAKE: A three-tier cake decorated in white icing with a pearlescent sheen, wrapped in blue turquoise ribbon. The cake topper was a Gina Freehill design from America. The bride’s dress had the quote “this day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love” written on her dress.
FIRST DANCE: Amazed by Lonestar.
ENTERTAINMENT: A disco.
HONEYMOON: Paphos, Cyprus.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Rosie Hillman Photography.
VIDEOGRAPHER: Russell Carr.
First published at 10:43, Saturday, 11 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together