Amy Fenton and Allan Robertson
Last updated at 12:22, Monday, 25 February 2013
AMY Fenton, 28, acting deputy news editor at the Evening Mail, originally from Darwen, Lancashire, and Allan Robertson, 36, an Arqiva site manager, from Barrow but originally Newcastle, married at Eaves Hall Hotel in Clitheroe on October 6, 2012
How they met: Amy and Allan first met online in 2010 and their first “date” involved Allan sacrificing a gym session.
Proposal: On Christmas Day 2011, Allan hid a Haribo sweet ring on the couple’s Christmas tree. After Amy eventually found it, Allan gave her the real ring and asked Amy to marry him.
Venue: The couple were married at Eaves Hall Hotel in the small village of West Bradford near Clitheroe, with the reception also held there.
Theme: The colour scheme was silver and the bridesmaids wore latte-coloured dresses.
Bride’s outfit: A Maggie Sottero gown from Eternity by Nina in Rawlinson Street, Barrow.
Groomsmen: The groom’s best man was his brother-in-law, Mike Comber, who works at Centrica’s gas terminals in Barrow. Outfits worn by Allan, Mike and Amy’s dad, David Fenton, were provided by Mr Mister.
Bridesmaids: Amy had three bridesmaids – her best friend, Hannah Dugdale, Allan’s niece – Dowdales pupil Becca Comber and Amy’s sister, Kate Fenton, a physics teacher from Darwen.
Flowers: From Passion Florist in Clitheroe, including valanche, vendella and quicksand roses, ivory spray rose, freesia and bouvardia.
Table settings: Amy made all the table settings and table plan, which included silver heart-shaped chocolates and personalised M&Ms with the words “Amy and Allan” printed on them.
Cake: The cake was made by Dorothy King, a Sugarcraft teacher from Walney.
Reception: Pianist Simon McClure performed during the meal and drinks reception.
First dance: The couple’s first dance was to Stuck On You by Lionel Richie.
Entertainment: Barrow singer Denis Horan performed a selection of Rat Pack songs.
Photographer: Amy’s friend and colleague, Milton Haworth, took the photographs.
Honeymoon: Amy and Allan spent 10 nights at the Riu Touareg resort in Cape Verde, a tiny island off the west coast of Africa.
First published at 09:35, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|